Friday 3 March 2017

Recommendations for March

March comes with two main significant events for my calendar; British Science Week and International women's Day. I've also got a couple of other science events i'll be checking out this month; The robots exhibition at the science museum and Science day at the museum of power with my mini me's.

Other recommended events include a special lecture at the royal society on Climate change: catastrophe, hoax or just lukewarm? and a the Bristol Science Film festival which is looking at issues surrounding women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM).  

The theme for international women's day this year is #BeBoldforChange and it fits right into my personal developmental goal of getting out of my comfort zone. I'll be writing a blog post about this for 8th March as we call for a more gender inclusive world. 


British Science Week is running from 10th - 19th March with various events and activities taking place across the country. Find out what's happening near you and join in the celebration.  I'll be making my debut appearance at the Big Bang Fair with a group of young people I mentor in various forms. We will be making our way from Basildon to Birmingham and are all looking forward to what promises to be an explosive celebration of science. I'll be back to update you on the day's experience. 


I'll leave you with this amusing display of Mr Bones which I came across at the cosmetic counter of a shop in Westfield. He may be waiting on a date. :-)




Happy Science and Women's month. 

No comments: